Our curriculum for Prep/Foundation to Year 10 meets the guidelines set out in the Victorian Curriculum and is accredited by the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority for the assessment of VCE (Years 11 & 12) with outstanding results over the last 44 years. Our dedicated and qualified staff recognise the individuality of each student and tailors a curriculum that meets the specific needs and learning abilities of our students in a caring and nurturing environment.
The curriculum aims to:
- develop students’ linguistic ability in oral and written communication
- expand students’ vocabulary and advance their thinking and understanding of Greek texts
- enable students to develop a perspective and appreciation about Greek culture, history and literature, morals, customs and the Greek way of life
- establish deep connections with their cultural identity within Australian society
- instil a sense of responsibility for the enrichment and preservation of Greek language and culture in the Antipodes
Greek traditional dance and theatre are an integral part of our curriculum and are delivered to students at no additional expense to parents and guardians. Through subjects focusing on ancient, modern and byzantine history as well as Greek mythology, special emphasis is placed on organising school concerts and performances where all students are provided with the opportunity to participate and develop cultural awareness and sense of national pride. In addition to the performing arts, student writings are celebrated through compilations appearing in a number of publications including the Nestoras College newspaper.
Nestoras College also provides a music tuition program delivered by experienced teachers.